9.10.2008

heather the bunny

For those who don't know, I used to have ideals, moral convictions, and a strong sense of right and wrong. This meant I was a staunch party line Democrat.

I was also a teenager, and such things go along with common teen-age angst.

Part of the angst I worked so hard to cultivate included being a vegetarian. A lacto-ovo vegetarian, to be specific. If you've read The Jungle, I think you understand. I maintained my vegetarian status until my the end of my first semester of college, where I ate salads twice a day and proceeded to weigh 148 (!!) pounds at Christmas break. That was when I became sick of aforementioned salads, and renounced my angst-ridden veggie-loving ways.

But I've been thinking. And I'm thinking I might try to be a vegetarian again. It's healthier, I'll be forced to eat my veggies, and I will need to be more intentional about what I'm eating.

We'll see what happens.

No comments: