6.22.2009

i wish i knew this guy

There are a lot of things that I wish I had done/are now doing/will do. I know myself enough to know that many of them (participate in a triathlon, finally swim a 50 free below :30 seconds, read Moby Dick) won't happen. Or, more optimistically, won't happen soon. I'll need some more energy, will power, and dedication first.

There are also a lot of things that I never thought I'd like to do, but then read about someone doing them and think to myself "that would be fricken' awesome." For example, this guy named Ryan is running across Europe.

Stop and think about that.

Running.

Across.

Europe.

As in, putting one foot in front of the other, in a semi-quick fashion. And doing that action all across Europe. With just a little backpack. Running. Europe.

Madness.

Lucky for me, he's started a blog so I can live vicariously through him and have "running through Europe" on my list of things I'd like to do, but that we all know would actually never happen.
So. Please go and check Ryan out and read about his travels. I'm pretty sure that reading about his adventure is very much like exercise, so it's like going to the gym too.

UPDATE: This guy is from Washington! Even cooler than before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that would be pretty cool to do! i can't even imagine running across town though, let alone Europe. baby steps? :) i'll definitely check out his blog...