1.10.2010

a portrait of the artist with crayons

Birdy got an awesome easel for Christmas from Brandon's parents. And by awesome, I mean something that I would have l-o-v-e-d as a kid, considering one of my most prized possessions was my 96 color Crayola crayon set. I did have some last minute doubts as Brandon's dad and I were assembling the easel the night before we had Christmas with them--what if she liked the wrapping paper more than this gift?

But my fears were unfounded, as the little lady spends about 30 minutes each day coloring, painting or chalking. Or rearranging her crayons. Or trying to use crayons on the white board. Or clap her eraser on me. Or sheepishly eat the paint. Or whatever it is that she does while I'm making dinner in the vacinity of the easel.


Either way, she loves it, and that warms my crayon-loving heart.

3 comments:

Jessy said...

Ahh I miss ya all. Birdy is getting so big, and her hair is getting long, so cute and adorable! Hope you all had a great holiday.

Htr said...

That's a fantastic picture - how very PW of you to accent the crayons only. :) Happy 199th post.

Jaclyn said...

I love this photo! She is such a cutie :-)