2.13.2009

memories

I got a call today from an old friend. The first words out of his mouth were "Have you been watching the news today?" The only other time I've heard that was when my dad called me about the twin towers being hit.

This call was no different: bad news. A friend from high school died yesterday in the plane that crashed in Buffalo. She was the first officer. I remember when she decided she wanted to be a pilot.

I remember being in fifth and sixth grade and we would walk from school to church and hang out there until youth group started. I remember being thankful that someone liked me and wanted to be my friend at my new school. I remember making skirts for Mexico mission trips with her and her mom. I remember practicing volleyball with her. I remember when she went from Becky to Beki. I remember fighting with her when Mark, one of the best people I knew died. I remember being in Leadership class with her.

Beki was always in the background of my life since my family moved to Maple Valley. She was one of the first friends I made at my church. Her mother was always so nice to me. Her brother went to RSU and reffed our horrible flag football games.

Please keep her family in your prayers.

No comments: